13 Lesser Known Facts About Sachin + Rare Unseen Images
While everyone is going on and on listing the innumerable Cricket records that Sachin Tendulkar holds, let’s face it: they hardly make for good banter over a pitcher of beer. So here’s some lesser known facts for you to go full hipster.
- Sachin Tendulkar holds the unique distinction of scoring a century on debut in Ranji Trophy, Irani Cup and Duleep Trophy
- Sachin scored a duck on his One Day International debut against Pakistan at Gujranwala on December 18, 1989
- Sachin’s first man of the match in a Test was at Manchester in 1990 and he got Magnum champagne bottle as the prize. Sachin preserved it for eight years and finally uncorked it on his daughter Sara’s first birthday.
- Sachin is the only batsman to have scored at least two centuries against all other Test playing countries.
- Sachin’s record of five test centuries before he turned 20 is a world record, still held by him
- Sachin has been dismissed stumped only once in Test matches.
- On his ODI debut, Sachin Tendulkar was the second youngest debutant at 16 years 238 days.
- Sachin Tendulkar is the only Indian to find a place in Wisden’s all-time World XI
- Sachin bats right-handed, bowls with his right-arm, but writes with his left hand
- Sachin Tendulkar appeared in an Australian reality television series ‘An Aussie Goes Bolly’ on FOX8 channel in 2008.
- Sachin Tendulkar was the first batsman to be given out by the Third-umpire.
- Sachin Tendulkar was most fascinated by band-aids. A hint of a wound and he would plaster it all over the injury.
- In his last game across different formats (Tests, ODIs, T20Is, IPL, CLT20, Ranji Trophy) Sachin has ended on the winning side.